I Made the Best Banana Bread Ever!

  My Way Banana Bread



I found this wonderful recipe in the cookbook my mother gave me at my wedding shower 4 decades ago. I modified it slightly. Here it is. It is moist and light in color because of a key ingredient. 

2 1/2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Sugar
3 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
1 Teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons oil
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Egg
1 Cup finely chopped English Walnuts
1 Cup mashed bananas (2 to 3)
Add one tablespoon lemon juice to mashed bananas
(the original recipe doesn't call for lemon juice,
 but it keeps the bananas from turning brown. Bread stays light in color)

Mike all ingredients above, adding flour last. (This is my way of doing it.)
I love, love, love  this mixer. I bought it at an auction for $1
I wasn't in the market for it, but I bought it anyway. Best thing I ever did. Well, maybe not the best thing, but you get my point.


Pour in a greased and floured loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes.
Oh my goodness it is good warm with a pat of butter on it or, if you prefer, like I did here, drizzle a butter cream icing over it.
1 cup confectioners sugar,
1 Tablespoon Butter (not margarine)
1 Tablespoon milk (just enough milk to make it the consistency to drizzle. Start with a tablespoon or so.


So here's the thing: Because there are   just two us  here at the farm,  I freeze half the loaf for another day. Why? Because  a  winter day  with tea or coffee and curled  up with a great book or magazine and a slice of this delicious bread,   in my book is the best , especially in my parlor, a most  sunny room of the house. So go ahead, plan a pamper moment soon. We all need to replenish. And if you freeze a half loaf, you won't eat it all at once so a controlled caloric intake of sorts!


Take Joy!
Sherry 



Comments

Popular Posts