Is Winter a time for Reflection?
For me, the best part of this time of year, Winter, is that as this year ends, we have a brand new year ahead, if we are so lucky and blessed to participate in it. This past year, I had a time of deep reflection when I had a pancreatic cancer scare. After three weeks of waiting to repeat the CT scan to know if it was indeed cancer, or side effects from the medicine I was prescribed the month prior, I had twenty-one days of waiting. During this period, I did a whole lot of reflecting on my life past and present. I was relieved when they said the test results showed I did not have cancer. Three weeks is a long time when waiting for news like this. Whew! So here's the thing: During this reflective time, once more, I connected with this prescription for daily living that I wish to share with you. This is not a new prescription, these are not new lessons, they are lessons repeated again and again, sometimes lost or forgotten, and then rediscovered again.
|Wishing you a very special , reflective kind of Holiday!|
- Don't take life so seriously, you never know when it will be over.
- Love is the key to everything, do it for love's sake.
- Don't be so hard on yourself.
- Simplify,discard things that are not harmonious to your spirit.
- We all are on a journey we have never traveled before. Be forgiving to yourself and your fellow man, especially your family.
I look forward to Christmas, a second chance for mankind and a reminder to give and forgive. The promise of the new year ahead is a mental image for me to "erase the chalk board" and start afresh with much thanksgiving that I have the gift of starting a new Chapter in my Book of Life in the new year ahead.